Friday, August 21, 2009

an answer to Cheryl

i dont know how my ideas can help, I've been told my ideas are a bit twisted.

I hear of eternal life in a peace-filled city full of subservient people and i think hell! seriously nothing to complain about, no problems to solve, no cause to flair the emotions...FOREVER, think about one week of doing nothing you'd have nothing to talk about , and no philosophy, cause the answers are right there. I feel alive when creating or destroying, when solving a problem reaching for a goal, having a righteous cause. and I'm supposed to live without that FOREVER!
No give me this world with meaningful problems to solve, meaning full victories and defeats.
do you think Einstein would be happy if the answers just appeared before him? or do you think the "high" of discovering new ideas was what drove him?
would even cliff jumping be any fun if there wasn't the fear that you could hurt yourself... think about it, how fun is walking?
Heaven and hell were concepts fed to the populous from those controlling them. Look at the stories and you can see the simple message, Obey and things can be easy ie. heaven, disobey and you're going to be hurt (hell). the obedient are promised days of picnics at the feet of the boss, well bad boys and girls will be whipped and burned. notice in both scenarios that you are not in a position of control over your life.. er afterlife.
framing the argument is a common tool used for manipulation, from parents asking if a child would like to do their home work before or after supper, (neither thanks i want to jump on my bed, skip supper and just have desert) or political parties asking if you prefer higher taxes or lower services.
the heaven/hell stories have been told for so long, that people don't question the intent any more. (and as i don't want to give my self a hand cramp, I'll leave my diatribe about the pope having the most powerful army and dictating the rights of kings, out. unless asked)

No comments: